I am excited to present my first knitting book! If you would like your book autographed, please let me know in the notes section at checkout to whom you would like this book autographed for. This book would make a great gift for the knitter in your life ..even if that knitter is you! If you would not like it to be autographed or signed in any way, please indicate in the notes section at checkout.
So, let me tell you a little more about the book.
- It took a whole year to write the patterns, test them, write the book itself, photograph the hats and the step by step procedures, edit and print it.
- The book was released October 1st, 2014. It is published by Stackpole Books.
- The wonderful photography of the hats was provided by photographer Burcu Avsar on location in Brooklyn, NY. All photographs are in color.
- My designs feature colorwork like Fair Isle and argyle and textured stitches like cables, broken rib, and lace patterns, as well as making use of popular self-striping yarns.
- The book is 144 pages, 31 knitted hat patterns, as well as a large section of stitches and techniques broken down step by step with descriptions and photographs of my own hands creating these techniques. This book is paperback and weighs in at a 1.2 pounds, it is chock full of information!
- About the Author (that's me!): A self-described "Indie Handmade Knitwear Artisan & Designer and Fulltime Wisenheimer," Diane Serviss is the co-owner (with her husband) of and design force behind Pixiebell and Elfinwear, which sell patterns for knitwear (predominantly hats), as well as finished handknit items, through Etsy, Ravelry, and Craftsy. Her hats have made it onto both small and big screens: Ty Pennington wore one of her hats on an episode of Extreme Makeover, as does Dakota Johnson in the indie movie Theo, which released in 2013 and also stars Mira Sorvino. Celebrities number among Pixiebell's customers, including Ricki Lake, Nina Dobrev from Vampire Diaries, and Jim Shearer from MTV/VH-1. A born and bred Vermonter, Diane lives with her family just outside of Tampa, Florida.
As it is a heavy book, it will be sent via media mail within the US and first class international for international orders. The book will be packaged in a bubble polymailer.
1 business day
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 21 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Instant Download Patterns will be available for download immediately after payment clears. Check your email associated with your account and/or the purchases section of your account for your download.
Ready To Ship items will ship the following business day after payment clears.
Made To Order items will ship the following business day after the item is made. Currently my made to order turn around is 1 to 3 weeks.
If both Ready To Ship and Made To Order items are purchased in the same transaction, all items will ship together when the made to order items are finished, unless otherwise arranged.
Shipping fees are based on the weight of the item in its packaging. Items shipped in the US weighing 15.9 ounces or less are sent via first class mail. Items weighing over 16 ounces are sent via priority. International sales are shipped via first class international.
For smaller weight parcels I most often use polymailers or poly bubble mailers. Larger orders will be sent in a box. Priority parcels are usually sent in tyvek envelopes or USPS priority boxes.
International customers are responsible for all fees associated with shipping to their respective countries. Orders that are shipped to countries outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information.
I'm sorry, no, as it is against the law. All international orders will have full value declared on customs forms - no exceptions.
YES! I do not outsource to factories. I am happy to take in-progress photos for you of your items upon request ..in fact, I often do anyway, to post as shop updates.
If you are interested in an item but would prefer a different color, fiber, size or embellishment (if applicable), feel free to contact me and let me create a custom design for you.
My goal is for you to be extremely satisfied with your purchase. I stand by my items and make every effort to describe them properly and offer clear photos. Returns will be accepted within 21 days of receiving your purchase, if an item is grossly misrepresented or arrives damaged. Return authorizations are required for proper processing via a conversation. Should you need to return your purchase, you will receive a refund or store credit in the amount of the original purchase, less the shipping.
Customized items are a final sale.
PDF patterns are a final sale.
Allegra Acosta's character "Molly" is wearing a pink ear flap cat hat that I designed and made, in Hulu's Original Series Marvel's Runaways, season 1 episodes 1 and 2.
Dakota Johnson can be seen wearing my signature Pixie Hat in Barley, in the film "Chloe and Theo". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w3l3OCTEmM
October 2014 US Edition of Mollie Makes Magazine. Check out the wonderful write up about me by Kim Layton.
My Swirl Beanie Pattern was featured in the Fall/Winter 2013 Issue of Better Homes and Gardens Make It Yourself Magazine
My Signature Pixie hat and my gnome style beanies were featured in a 2012 episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Ty Pennington can be seen wearing my pixie hat in olive in our "About" section!
At this time, no, all of my patterns are written in the English language only.
Jul 8, 2017
Mar 4, 2017
Thank you Diane for personalizing a message in this book for my friend. I appreciate it! I know she will love the book though it will take a lot of effort to get as good as you are. 😜
Feb 6, 2017
Loving this project book. Autographed too! Would recommend!
Nov 1, 2016
Very nice book in excellent condition. Speedy delivery. Thanks.
Oct 20, 2016
What a great book! This was a gift for my daughter she is already knitting hats for her friends for Christmas gifts.I also want to credit Mrs. Serviss. She was very helpful providing info on the needles and yarn required for the patterns.